Welcome to the main website of the German-Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development (hereinafter: the “Site”).
- This Site has been created by the German-Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development (GIF) (hereinafter: the “GIF”), a legal entity which was established under the laws of the State of Israel, and is operated and maintained by it.
Responsibility for Use:
- Certain pages of the Site are available only to users who have been authorized by us to access those Services and web pages on the Site. Such authorization may require completion of an identification verification questionnaire. Only users of GIF with a valid User ID and password are authorized to access such services and web pages.
- Unauthorized use of the Site and our Service, including, but not limited to the misuse or sharing of passwords or misuse of any other information, is strictly prohibited. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or Service or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site or Service. You agree that you will not engage in any activities related to the Site that are contrary to applicable laws or regulations. You further agree that you are responsible for any unauthorized use of your password that is made before you have notified us and we have had a reasonable opportunity to act on that notice. GIF reserves the right at its discretion to suspend or cancel your password, even without receiving such notice from you, if we suspect that it is being used in an unauthorized or fraudulent manner.
- Notwithstanding the above, you are responsible for monitoring your account and should promptly report any unauthorized or suspicious activity in your account to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Site contains the copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information including, without limitation, articles, text, photographs, images, video and/or audio clips, charts, trademarks, logos, graphics, symbols and illustrations contained or presented thereon, their selection and integration, and the general design of the Site (hereinafter: the “Protected Material”). The protected material is the exclusive property of the GIF.
- You may not alter, modify, publish, distribute, publicly display or sell any protected material, or otherwise copy or transmit any protected material or other such proprietary information without the express written permission of GIF.
- Certain portions of the Site may contain third party content and may provide links to webpages and content of third parties (collectively “Third Party Content”). GIF does not control, endorse, investigate, or adopt any Third Party Content, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding the Third Party Content, including with respect to its accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge and agree that GIF is not responsible or liable in any manner for any Third Party Content or your reliance upon Third Party Content. Users use such Third Party Content at their own risk.
- Personal information provided to the GIF through this service will be kept confidential in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Protection Act, 5741-1981 as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Without derogating from the above, the GIF may terminate the activity performed on the Site, in whole or in part, temporarily and/or permanently, at any time, in order to carry out updates and/or improvements and/or amendments and/or adjustments and/or as a result of interruption, availability and working order of the Site and/or disruptions or failures in the Internet or the telephone network of any type or kind, and the user hereby irrevocably waives any claim, and will be precluded from making any claim and/or demand in connection with the same.
- The GIF implements systems and updated procedures on its website for information security. Although such systems and procedures minimize the risk of unauthorized entry, they do not provide absolute security. Therefore, the GIF does not guarantee that the service will be absolutely immune to unauthorized access to information stored therein.